THE AGENCY conducts the business of introducing Carers for work in a variety of domestic and caring capacities.
Carers come with:
- Working with Children Check and/or
- Police Check
- Level II First Aid or CPR certificate and
- Medical Clearance confirming that they are fit and capable of domestic and caring responsibilities
- Public Liability Insurance
They have been through a strict, rigorous and thorough interview and induction process, this includes:
- Resume Screening
- Phone Interview
- Individual Interview
- Reference Checking
- Induction Session
During this time we cover behavioural expectations, health and safety, financial obligations, tasks and responsibilities, duties, communication, and much more.
Our Carers are provided with the opportunity to attend regular Professional Development Workshops and Seminars, sent monthly newsletters that help them keep in the loop with any changes at THE AGENCY, provided information that ensures they are aware of changes in the childcare industry, and are regularly checked to ensure that their qualifications are up to date.
Whilst THE AGENCY uses reasonable endeavours to check the Carer, sole responsibility for determining the suitability of a Carer remains with the Client. THE AGENCY will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from engagement of a Carer by a Client. Although THE AGENCY may provide input and assistance in the selection process, the engagement of a Carer by a Client is ultimately the Client’s sole responsibility. Through the selection and placement of Carers to undertake the Duties, THE AGENCY plays an active role in establishing the relationship between the Client and Carer. The Agency will provide replacement Carers to Clients and Clients to Carers upon request. In requesting and providing assistance in the selection of a Carer to perform duties for the Client.
THE AGENCY provides Carers that are available for engagement in 3 different capacities Flexible Independent Contracting or Structured Independent Contracting (30 hours per week or less) or as Permanent Placement (30 hours plus per week)
This option only available for positions of 30 hours or more per week and where a Client wishes to purchase the Carer outright from the Agency, eliminating the daily booking fee charges.
- Determination of the rate is negotiated between the parties in accordance with the Client’s work requirements and considers, for example, the number of persons to be cared for, ages of persons to be cared for, required duties, qualifications and experience of the Carer, current market trends and any specific or unique circumstances which the Client may have. No less than the NES Casual minimum wage.
- Upon completion by a Carer of a minimum trial period of 10 engagements the Client may engage the Carer in a Permanent Placement Capacity.
- An Engagement Agreement will need to be prepared and signed by both the Client and the Carer before THE AGENCY will release the Carer from their contractual obligations with THE AGENCY (the Carer has access to this document via the Carer portal and the Client may request a copy from THE AGENCY at any time)
- The Client will be required to guarantee the Carer a set (minimum) number of hours (must be 30hrs or over per week)
- The Client will be responsible for undertaking all PAYG tax obligations (either self managed or using a payroll service)
- The Client will be required to make contributions to the Carer’s nominated superannuation fund. Further information is available through the ATO Info Line 13 28 66 or via www.ato.gov.au
- The Client will be required to arrange appropriate Work Cover and other insurances. Further information can be found below.
- The Client will be required to pay holiday and personal leave entitlements to the Carer in accordance with law.
- Upon commencement of any permanent contractual engagement by the Client of the Carer, the Client will be provided with a permanent placement Tax Invoice from THE AGENCY, totalling $3500. This amount is payable within seven days of receipt.
- During the first four weeks of the ongoing employment, the Agency will provide assistance with job description modification and training needs and facilitating discussion between Carer and Client where necessary or required.
- During the first four weeks of a Carers ongoing engagement, if the Client are dissatisfied with the Carers performance or conduct, additional applicants will be put to the Client for consideration as a potential replacement. If a suitable applicant is not located, the permanent placement fee will be refunded to the Client less any daily booking fees that would otherwise have been charged for this period.
All Carers who represent THE AGENCY are covered by Public Liability Insurance for up to $10,000,000 worth of damage. If a client chooses to utilise this policy they will need to provide 3 written quotes to our office and our staff will assist with processing the claim, the CLIENT shall be responsible for payment of the $250 excess.
THE AGENCY and its Carers will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from engagement of a Carer by a Client.
If the damage is less than $250 THE AGENCY cannot assist with the claim and suggests that the Client pursue the claim through their own home insurance policy which may have a lower excess.
Clients who permanently Place a Carer can investigate taking out a private policy here http://nannysure.com.au/