The new In Home Care program launched in July 2018 and has proven itself to be a fantastic method of assistance to families who are unable to access other forms of mainstream childcare. The program is designed to help suitable families, who are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy, find flexible child care in their home when no other options are available.
This is available to:
- Families who live in rural or remote areas
- Parents who work non standard or variable hours
- Families with challenging or complex needs, or who are facing challenging situations
- $6.52 and $27.69 p/h for IHC – CCS
- $39.10 for IHC – ACCS (child wellbeing, grandparents, temporary financial hardship)
- $30.95 for IHC – ACCS (transition to work)
All of the above are subject to Child Care Subsidy (CCS) and Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS) eligibility criteria.
Subsidies are paid directly to the Service to pass on as reduced out of pocket expenses for the family.