|SELF Employed||CLIENT Employed||AGENCY Employed|
|Type:||Typically for roles that do not span a full 48 weeks of the year – Casual, Flexible, Varied, One Off, Short Term||Typically used for roles that span the entire year. Regular Days and Hours||Typically used when neither the Carer or Client want the paperwork responsibilities OR for Subsidised Care|
|Description:||The Carer is engaged directly by the Client as an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR. The Carer undertakes all ABN tax responsibilities||The Carer is engaged directly by the Client who takes on all PAYG tax withholding responsibilities||The Carer works directly for the AGENCY in an ON-HIRE Casual capacity. THE AGENCY bills the Client for care services provided|
|Hourly Rates:||Usually $25 – 45 CASUAL||$20 – 40 PERMANENT
$25 – 45 CASUAL
|Quote Estimate Provided|
|Paperwork Managed by:||Paperwork Managed by CARER||Paperwork Managed by CLIENT or a Payroll Service on behalf of the Client||Paperwork Managed by AGENCY|
|Super:||Add 10% for positions of 30+ hours per week||Add 10% for positions of 30+ hours per week||Included in Quote Estimate|
|Work Cover Arranged by:||Work Cover arranged by CLIENT||Work Cover arranged by CLIENT||Work Cover arranged by AGENCY|
|Payroll Service:||Payroll Service NOT Available||Payroll Service Available||Payroll Service Not Applicable|
|Booking Fee:||Booking Fee of $25 per day||Booking Fee of $25 per day||Included in Quote Estimate|
|Permanent Placement Fee:||Permanent Placement Not Available||Permanent Placement Available for positions of 30+ hours per week (see HERE) $3500||Permanent Placement Not Applicable|
Methods of Engagement
|Casual Care Rates (Permanent Negotiable)|
|Evening Care / Babysitting||From $25 per hr|
|Day Time Care / Nanny (more than 4hrs)||From $25 per hr|
|Day Time Care / Nanny (4 hrs or less)||From $28 per hr|
|Morning Care / Before School Care / Mothers Help||From $30 per hr|
|Afternoon Care / After School / Mothers Help||From $30 per hr|
|Mothercraft Care (day time)||From $30 per hr|
|Mothercraft Care (night time)||From $30 per hr|
|Cleaners / Ironers||From $28 per hr|
|Housekeepers||From $29 per hr|
|Elderly Care / Pet Care / House Minding / PCA||Negotiable|
|Extra $1 per hour applies for more than 2 children or roles on weekends(Friday Evening to Sunday Evening)|
Casual Cancellation Policy for Confirmed Bookings
A confirmed booking is when a Carer has confirmed with the client via phone or text
(This is charged via CC at time of cancellation)
$25 More than 24 hours prior to commencement
$50 Less than 24 hours prior to commencement
$75 Less than 4 business hours prior to commencement of shift
Note: If a replacement shift can be given to the Carer then only $25
Ongoing / regular booking cancellation negotiable dependent on situation
Remuneration for cancellation is usually a good will gesture for the Carer. Some situations may require the parties to consider a Structured Contracting arrangement to ensure ongoing satisfaction for both (for example when unexpected cancellations occur and a Client or Carer feel that a more structured arrangement would be suitable). The agency can supply information regarding this engagement type.
Same Day Booking / Late Booking Fee
(This is charged via CC at time of booking, refundable if we cannot supply)
$25 Same Day / Late booking fee – in addition to Daily agency fee collected by carer.
Pricing Table - all inclusive (as at July 1st 2020)
Not applicable for Subsidised Home Based Care or Agency Employed Carers
More than 2 children, extra $1 per hour per child.
Minimum 3 hours, below listed pricing INCLUDES hourly rate, $25 agency fee inc. GST and insurance it DOES NOT INCLUDE Work cover and Superannuation obligations which you will be required to pay if required. Refer to www.ato.gov.au & www.worksafe.vic.gov.au for you employer obligations.
|Rate||3 Hrs||4 Hrs||5 Hrs||6 Hrs||7 Hrs||8 Hrs||9 Hrs||10 Hrs||11 Hrs||12 Hrs|
|$25.00 / hr||$100.00||$125.00||$150.00||$175.00||$200.00||$225.00||$250.00||$275.00||$300.00||$325.00|
|$26.00 / hr||$103.00||$129.00||$155.00||$181.00||$207.00||$233.00||$259.00||$285.00||$311.00||$337.00|
|$27.00 / hr||$106.00||$133.00||$160.00||$187.00||$214.00||$241.00||$268.00||$295.00||$322.00||$349.00|
|$28.00 / hr||$109.00||$137.00||$165.00||$193.00||$221.00||$249.00||$277.00||$305.00||$333.00||$361.00|
|$29.00 / hr||$110.00||$141.00||$170.00||$199.00||$228.00||$257.00||$286.00||$315.00||$344.00||$373.00|
|$30.00 / hr||$115.00||$145.00||$175.00||$205.00||$235.00||$265.00||$295.00||$325.00||$355.00||$385.00|
|$31.00 / hr||$118.00||$149.00||$180.00||$211.00||$242.00||$273.00||$304.00||$335.00||$366.00||$397.00|
|$32.00 / hr||$121.00||$153.00||$185.00||$217.00||$249.00||$281.00||$313.00||$345.00||$377.00||$409.00|
|$33.00 / hr||$124.00||$157.00||$190.00||$223.00||$256.00||$289.00||$322.00||$355.00||$388.00||$421.00|
|$34.00 / hr||$127.00||$161.00||$195.00||$229.00||$263.00||$297.00||$331.00||$365.00||$399.00||$433.00|
|$35.00 / hr||$130.00||$165.00||$200.00||$235.00||$270.00||$305.00||$340.00||$375.00||$410.00||$445.00|
|$36.00 / hr||$133.00||$169.00||$205.00||$241.00||$377.00||$313.00||$349.00||$385.00||$421.00||$457.00|
This option only available for positions of 30 hours or more per week and where a Client wishes to purchase the Carer outright from the Agency, eliminating the daily booking fee charges.
- Determination of the rate is negotiated between the parties in accordance with the Client’s work requirements and considers, for example, the number of persons to be cared for, ages of persons to be cared for, required duties, qualifications and experience of the Carer, current market trends and any specific or unique circumstances which the Client may have. No less than the NES Casual minimum wage.
- Upon completion by a Carer of a minimum trial period of 10 engagements the Client may engage the Carer in a Permanent Placement Capacity.
- An Engagement Agreement will need to be prepared and signed by both the Client and the Carer before THE AGENCY will release the Carer from their contractual obligations with THE AGENCY (the Carer has access to this document via the Carer portal and the Client may request a copy from THE AGENCY at any time)
- The Client will be required to guarantee the Carer a set (minimum) number of hours (must be 30hrs or over per week)
- The Client will be responsible for undertaking all PAYG tax obligations (either self managed or using a payroll service)
- The Client will be required to make contributions to the Carer’s nominated superannuation fund. Further information is available through the ATO Info Line 13 28 66 or via www.ato.gov.au
- The Client will be required to arrange appropriate Work Cover and other insurances. Further information can be found below.
- The Client will be required to pay holiday and personal leave entitlements to the Carer in accordance with law.
- Upon commencement of any permanent contractual engagement by the Client of the Carer, the Client will be provided with a permanent placement Tax Invoice from THE AGENCY, totalling $3500. This amount is payable within seven days of receipt.
- During the first four weeks of the ongoing employment, the Agency will provide assistance with job description modification and training needs and facilitating discussion between Carer and Client where necessary or required.
During the first four weeks of a Carers ongoing engagement, if the Client are dissatisfied with the Carers performance or conduct, additional applicants will be put to the Client for consideration as a potential replacement. If a suitable applicant is not located, the permanent placement fee will be refunded to the Client less any daily booking fees that would otherwise have been charged for this period.